No products in the cart.
Kaolin Clay by Amoha Natural is a chemical-free skin care product containing all-natural ingredients. Being suited for all skin types, the clay cleanses and rejuvenates your skin, enhancing its health and beauty.
What Makes This Clay So Popular?
This clay is derived from a mineral known as Kaolinite. This mineral based clay is similar to the old-fashioned mud mask that has been in use since ancient times, to cleanse and purify the skin. This all-natural clay can be used to make facial masks with no harsh effects on your skin unlike the commercial grade skin-care products that are laden with chemicals and can irritate your skin.
What purposes does this clay serve? The uses and effects of the clay are multi-faceted. It can be used for detoxifying, treating acne, cleansing, tightening, exfoliating, increasing blood circulation and rejuvenating your skin making it look younger.
Amoha Natural Kaolin clay works well on any skin type, be it is oily, dry or normal. It is very gentle on your skin and doesn’t leave it dry after using. This makes it best suited for sensitive skin.
In this article below, we have thoroughly examined the overall benefits and how Kaolin clay can be used for skincare.
How Is Amoha Natural Kaolin Clay Made?
The mineral kaolinite is the primary constituent of the clay. Kaolinite is a silicon di oxide formed by the decomposition of minerals such as feldspar. Kaolinite originated in the Kaoling, the hills in south-eastern China, from where the clay was first obtained and used to make porcelain.
The original color of the clay being white, it may also be available in pink, grey and green shades based on the constituent particles. The color of the clay powder is based on the color of the mineral rocks from which they are made. Over time, the clay has been used for skin care similar to mud mask.
Although originated in China, the mineral deposits with ideal constituents, color and characteristics is very rare and, paradoxically, not found in China. The superior quality mineral deposits are found in the United Kingdom, the United States and Brazil.
The clay powder is made by drying and milling the mineral deposits. The white color clay is known to be very gentle and better hydrating.
Did you know the benefits of this clay on skin or elsewhere?
The clay has a pH of 7 and is neutral. Being neither acidic or basic, the clay is very gentle on your skin leaving it soft. In addition, it doesn’t make your skin dry like other clays or skin care products. This makes the clay suitable for any skin type including dry and sensitive skin.
Below is a list of ways the clay can enhance the health and beauty of your skin.
- Do you want to get rid of stubborn acne on your face?
The clay is used to treat acne and breakouts. The clay is mixed with a carrier such as an essential oil, rose water or even just distilled water to make a clay mask. The mask is used as a facial cleanser that absorbs impurities and oil from the skin, thus reducing acne.
The clay is very gentle on the skin and does not cause irritation, redness and inflammation on the skin. Furthermore, using the mask regularly helps prevent acne breakouts promoting a healthy skin.
- Are you looking for a natural skin toner?
The regular use of Kaolin results in a toned and tighter skin. The use of the clay over a period of time enhances blood circulation and rejuvenates your skin cells. It improves the elasticity of your skin. As a result, your skin looks younger and brighter with very few to no lines or wrinkles.
- Does your skin have redness and irritation?
Insect and bug bites can cause redness and irritation. Kaolin clay has healing properties. When applied to the affected skin areas, the clay soothes and provides immediate relief. It is effective on itchy skin, rashes, bug bites, cuts and bruises.
- Did you know that the clay can be used as a scrub, exfoliator and detoxifier?
It can be used to exfoliate and detox your skin. When mixed with a carrier such as oil or water, the clay forms a smooth paste. The tiny mineral crystal particles act as exfoliator removing dirt, impurities, fry skin and dead cells effectively from your skin. The mask acts as a scrub and cleanses the skin without causing any inflammation or irritation.
- Do you have an oily skin that attracts dirt and makes you look lackluster?
The clay is used as cleanser for oily skin. It can remove excess oil and clear the pores while still maintaining the natural oils and not causing dryness. In addition, it can also balance the oil levels in your skin and brighten it up. You are indeed left with a glowing skin.
- Are you looking for an alternative for your store-bought chemical laden shampoo?
Kaolin clay can be used to replace your chemical shampoo. It can serve as a natural shampoo that cleanses your scalp and hair by absorbing dirt, oil and impurities without drying or removing the natural oil. It can also tone your skin cells, making your roots stronger with improved blood circulation. This in turn can promote healthy hair growth.
- This clay can be used beyond skin care: in deodorants and toothpastes
Popular as a cleanser, the clay can remove particles of impurities, tartar and germs when added as an ingredient in your toothpaste. It can be used to make your own toothpastes as an alternative for the store-bought toothpastes.
The clay can also be used to create an all-natural deodorant, by mixing the clay with any sweet-smelling oil or liquids. It cleans the pores and keeps you fresh.
- Have you tried and given up on all medications for aggravating skin conditions?
Being very gentle on the skin without stripping the natural oils off of your skin, Kaolin clay can potentially soothe and provide relief to aggravated skin conditions such as eczema and more. It is worth giving a try if all other medications or prescription level topical creams have failed.
How to Use Kaolin Clay on Your Skin?
Kaolin clay powder can be used to make a mask and used at home. Discussed below are few ways on how to make a mask using ingredients readily available at home. It can be mixed with distilled water or any other liquid ingredient of your choice to make a paste.A few drops of essential oils of your choice can be added to make it fragrant and soothing.
Here are few combinations for making an effective mask with clay. Different blends can be tried before you discover the most-effective combo for your skin.In any case, the positive effects will be evident only when used on a regular basis.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of clay, 1 tablespoon of rose water and 1 teaspoon of honey in a bowl. Apply it evenly on your face leaving the areas surrounding the eyes. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse the mask with lukewarm water. The result is moist, soft and healthy skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of clay and 2 tablespoons of apple cedar vinegar. You can optionally add a drop or two of essential oil of your choice. Apply the mask and let it sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it off. This servers as a great cleanser.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of clay, 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of aloe Vera gel. Wash off the dry mask after 10 minutes. Follow-up with a moisturizer. This is the most cost-effective way to a glowing skin.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of the clay, 2 teaspoons of avocado paste and rosewater to get the desired consistency of the mask. Apply mask, leave it for 15 mins or until dry. Rinse off the mask with warm water to moist and soft skin.
- Another popular combo is 1 tablespoon of clay with 1 tablespoon of cold green tea. Apply the mask on your face leaving out your eyes.Leave for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. The benefits of the clay double up with the anti-oxidant properties of the green tea and make you look younger when used regularly.
How to Store?
Since the clay is in the form of a powder, it can be stored easily for longer durations in a dry, air-tight container without losing its effectiveness.
The Bottom line
Amoha Natural Kaolin Clay works best with all skin types, specifically with sensitive skin.Unlike other types of clay or store-bought skin care products, it is chemical-free, and not harsh on your skin. As a cleanser, the clay can be used beyond skin care – as shampoo, toothpastes and deodorants.
It is an all-natural cleanser, exfoliator, detoxifier, toner and soother that can easily become an integral part of your skin care regime.It is a trusted skin care product known for its high-quality and lasting benefits.