No products in the cart.
With everyone shut at home together in this uncertain period, it’s no secret everyone wants their own private time to relax. We can’t think of anything more calming than a spa day. The soothing ambience with relaxing scents wafting about & soft music playing in the background or the nourishing treatments that leave you glowing is exactly what we all deserve at the moment. Ready to create the perfect spa day at home? We’ve got the perfect recipe for your DIY spa. Take a look.
Set the Ambiance
The first thing you need to do is create an environment that will help you unwind and let go of any stress. Light a few candles and play some soft, relaxing music in the background. Set up a scent diffuser or light a scented candle. If you have trouble relaxing or sleeping, try a lavender scent. This is your me-time so make sure whatever the ambience, it works for you. It’s super simple, grab a few candles and get your playlist ready!
Grab your Essentials
You don’t want to be running around your home to get something last minute in the middle of your spa session. So before you start, make sure you have all your essentials ready to go! You’ll need all your treatments and tools. Make sure to keep some clean towels handy along with an infused drink to sip on and you’re all set!
Nourish your Hair
It’s the perfect time to slather on a deep nourishment hair mask. Based on your hair type and hair concerns, there are several masks available in the market for you to choose from. However, if you prefer to go down the chemical-free route, we’ve found a few DIY masks you can make yourself. Choose your favourite and you’re good to go!
- Coconut Oil + Honey (For damaged hair)
- Egg + Lemon (For oily hair)
- Brown Sugar + Olive Oil (For dry hair)
- Banana + Yogurt + Honey (For frizzy hair)
Slather on a Face Mask
Next, it’s time for your face. Face masks are quick yet intensely beneficial for your skin which makes them one of our favourite parts of the spa day. These masks are super easy to make and come straight from Mother Earth and are super quick to make.
● Bentonite Clay + Apple Cider Vinegar – Cleanses pores deeply.
● Turmeric + Bentonite Clay + Apple Cider Vinegar – Perfect for acne-prone skin.
● Rosewater + Cucumber + Yogurt – The go-to for glowing skin.
● Rosewater + Honey – Intensely hydrates your skin and helps seal in the moisture.
Once you’ve applied your mask, it’s time to move on to the next step
Show your Hands some TLC
It’s time to care for your hands and nails. Moisture your hands with Aloe Vera gel, Shea Butter or a few drops of coconut or olive oil. Massage this in and make sure to pay special attention to your cuticles. While that is soaking into your skin, file & shape your nails. Make sure to file in one direction only!
Thank your Feet
How many of us are guilty of not paying any attention to our feet? It’s time we correct that with a revitalizing foot soak. The foot soak is one of the most relaxing parts of this spa. Enjoy leaving your feet a warm soak while you lean back and sip on your infused drink. Making a foot soak is effortless.
- Coconut Milk + Honey + Cinnamon Powder – Mix 1 cup Coconut Milk with 1 cup Honey in a small bowl of boiling water. Pour the mixture into the tub of warm water in which you will be soaking your feet. Sprinkle in 1 tsp of Cinnamon and put your feet in. This soak will leave you with deeply moisturised feet.
- Bentonite Clay + Apple Cider Vinegar + Epsom Salt – Mix 2 tbsp of Bentonite Clay with 2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar to form a paste. Apply that paste all over your feet till completely dry. Add ½ cup of Epsom Salt to the warm water in your tub and soak your feet in it for detoxed feet!
Once you’re done, go ahead and take a shower, making sure to thoroughly wash off all the masks and their residue. Once you’re out of the shower and in your favourite robe, moisturise your skin properly. Use a body butter or a thick moisturiser so that it can seep into your skin through the night. Finally, head on to bed but make sure to keep your phone or laptop away from you to remain in the calm and relaxed zone your in. Make sure to get a night of blissful sleep and wake up rested and rejuvenated the next morning!